Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Week # 50

At last, here is another new scrumble for the blog.

A bit of random lacy knitting with lots of roundish and oval crochet shapes. 

This time I just used some leftover bits and pieces that I unearthed the other day.  They had all been put away together in a bag, but they certainly hadn't been from a single project originally.  Mostly there was just a metre or two of any particular yarn.  Nearly all appeared to be either wool or a wool blend.

The colours were all rather bright, and I decided that I would just go with the combination of scraps that was already in the bag, using them all up and trying to arrange them in a reasonably pleasing way without leaving any out or resorting to adding any extras.

To give a bit of extra dimension to the piece, crab stitch was added to the edges of many of the curved crochet sections.  Sometimes this was done before the smaller pieces were joined on to the scrumble, but sometimes after.

My original intention when I started this blog had been to do a year's worth of scrumbles, adding a new one every week!  Obviously I didn't quite keep things on track that way...but since I am now finally up to #50, I plan to get the next 2 done fairly soon.  That will at least give me all 52 'weeks', even if it has taken me quite a few years to finally get there     ;-)

7 comments:

  1. I love the colors! I am so intrigued by this form of crochet, is there a site that teaches the technique of freeform crochet that you can recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of other examples of freeform on my own website - www.knotjustknitting.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stunned by the beautiful, artistic, never-in-a-million-years-would-I have-thought-of-that, creations that greeted me when I got to your website! Prudence, your work is inspired! You are truly an artist and I'm so glad you directed me to your website. People, you need to go there. There is an answer for any quest for knowledge in Prudence's personal creations (I want! So fabulous!) As well as educating yourself on this from of crocheting. A very professional website. Just,,,wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks so much for your lovely comments, Maschelle; I am happy that you enjoyed your visit to my website. I hope that it has inspired you to try some freeform creations of your own. cheers, Prudence

    ReplyDelete
  5. questi lavori ad uncinetto sembrano delle sculture, brava ciao.

    ReplyDelete